Wood and Resin Pendant - Ultimate Secret Wood Type Jewellery

 Wood and Resin Pendant - Ultimate Secret Wood Type Jewellery 

Wood and resin pendant - the ultimate secret wood type jewelry
Wood and resin pendants are a unique and beautiful form of jewelry that is becoming increasingly popular. These pendants combine wood and resin to create a one-of-a-kind piece that showcases the natural beauty of both materials. Here's a guide to the ultimate secret to wood and resin pendant jewelry:

Types of wood: The type of wood used in wood and resin pendants can greatly affect the look and feel of the piece. Some popular options include maple, oak, cherry and walnut, each with their own unique grain patterns and colors. Choose a wood that complements your personal style and the other jewelry you wear.

Types of resins: Resins are used to seal and protect wood and provide a smooth, shiny surface. The type of resin used can also affect the final shape of the pendant. Some popular resin options include clear resin, which allows the grain of the wood to show, and colored resin, which can add color to the piece.

Design Options: Wood and resin pendants can be designed in a variety of shapes and sizes, from small and simple to large and intricate. Some popular design options include pendants with decorative inlays, cutouts and etched designs. You can also choose pendants that incorporate other materials, such as beads, wire and metal.

Wear and Care: Wood and resin pendants are durable and long-lasting, but require some special care. Avoid exposing pendants to moisture, heat and harsh chemicals, and store them in a cool, dry place when not in use. Clean the pendants periodically with a soft cloth to keep them looking their best.

Style: Wood and resin pendants can be paired with a variety of outfits and styles, making them a versatile addition to your jewelry collection. Whether you prefer a classic, minimalist look, or a bold and modern style, there is a wood and resin pendant that will suit your taste.

Overall, wood and resin pendants are a unique and beautiful form of jewelry that is sure to become a favorite part of your collection. With a wide range of design options, materials and styles to choose from, these pendants offer endless possibilities for self-expression and personal style.
Wood and Resin Pendant - Ultimate Secret Wood Type Jewellery


So Valentine's Day is coming. And you can probably tell I'm really not. A very romantic guy my poor girlfriend bless him he actually said to me

The other day all you care about is drinking beer and lifting weights.

Which I thought was actually a fairly accurate representation of my hobbies but having a workshop full of tools is an advantage.

And on special occasions like birthdays and Valentine's Day you can make something cool for your loved ones. And that's how I'm going in this tutorial.



Make a beautiful wood and resin pendant

Wood and Resin Pendant - Ultimate Secret Wood Type Jewellery


With an opal backing, it looks like one.

An Aurora Borealis Northern Lights-like scene

That should be great before we jump in.

Let's walk through some of the tools and materials you'll need and then we'll get cracking with it.


Making a pendant


Well then for this project if you decide to make one.


You will be working with epoxy resin and power tools um and you know there will be a lot.

Dust is involved so this is really important to consider. Safety first I know this is boring but you should definitely wear some type of breathing mask.

When you are drilling your resin claw holes. You'll also want some gloves just to protect you from the fumes and also work in a well-ventilated area.

Keep chemicals off your hands when you're applying your resin pole glasses because no one likes to get chemicals on them.

Eyes and obviously when you are doing any kind of work. A similar shape in a sanding-um or pendant

Well of course it's good to wear a dust mask because you know. Keep Your Lungs Healthy Keeping yourself safe around respiratory outbreaks is really important, that's all I'm saying.


If you use any casting resin or epoxy resin.

Wood and Resin Pendant - Ultimate Secret Wood Type Jewellery


Then be sure to read the safety data sheets that also come with the resin.

Because you know the manufacturers they will tell you what to do.

Okay, so now you've prepared for some chemical warfare.

This is scary stuff, so let's talk.


Oh what material are you going to use ok so we're going to use

Three main components for our pendant First the epoxy resin is going to be some wood

And an opal backing that I'll talk about in a second. So the first resin I would use is Glasscast 10 which is a clear epoxy

Casting resin

I've used this stuff before and it's too easy. Look for the type instructions on the bottle so you can get it.

A hard and original resin itself And basically you mix them together um and Yes, it cleans the hard and good stuff. And then I'll use a piece of wood. So here it is

   

A Marley Bell piece

which is a beautiful exotic wood. I really like this kind of thing.

The ridged bits on the outside of the barrel will look like this

Hopefully the mountains will be very cool. But don't worry if you don't have a mother.


The ability to cut and slice wood you can then actually buy.


Pre-cut pieces of wood


Making Wood Resin Pendants from Etsy

um so there are some great lists that I found I'll check the links to and then

I will be using this beautiful material for the opal backing of the pendant.

That I found

On etsy it's called operex.

And it's basically a synthetic opal. It's hard to catch.

How many colors are dancing? Around that piece there

But yes these people sell like this.


Thin slices of

Artificial opal and only one range. Of different colors

I thought so when I ordered it.

Will be a bit dark so I have ordered. Really wrong

Uh but it's been like a pretty uh.

Almost seems

Like yellow and like you can see all those beautiful

Fire of different colors dances around.

There is oh so full it's beautiful. Yes, very very beautiful things


tools


I wanted to make it this way. Simple as possible so you know anyone can do it. You really don't need a choice.

A large amount of tooling, but for this you will definitely need a special tutorial

Oh some kind of sanding device

I will use my lathe and the one I just made. Like a quick sanding disc for that um so I can do all my sanding on there. I will use it too.

Young Barry Bendso is right there. So yes I will be doing most of my cutting that way. On the band saw

Oh but I would imagine you could. away with only


Using it like a hand saw

Like a small razor. Seen or something?

Or as I said there are lists. etsy uh where shops sell.

Pre-cut small blank pieces of wood. With mountains already carved into them. You definitely need some kind of scale to work with resin so you know how to weigh out the right amount of hardener.

And resin then I have some bits.

Ah here

To make a mold so that I can get like something.

Bits like plastic packaging I could use some cello tape oh a hot glue gun You will of course need some wet and dry sandpapers.

and I Will use with my bench grinder. A polishing wheel there to swear

Resin pendants are the ultimate sparkle


About having some things I forgot.

Here but I will introduce new tools as we move forward.

So let's talk about the project. Cut some wood and add some resin. And then come back tomorrow and do it

Composition and all, this piece of opalex operax is 47 miles wide and I would really like to like it.

Like a square blank, so I got this nice piece of wood and it's beautiful.

If it's thick, I'll trim it until it's like that. 15 to 20 ml thick and then pick. A small part and I'll put Opelex on the back I'll admit I was very curious about it.


Oh how hard it was to cut that material. I'm not sure if I did it correctly. Metal saws

But you know I've broken some pieces of it.

But I think it's okay because you know they're going to shape up anyway but it really wasn't

Cutting is difficult so I would imagine you could just do it.

If you need a hand saw next I'm going to glue these pieces of milk to the pieces of wood. Been using some ca glue so I just got some. Ah Star Bond Medium

And I'm going to use it mainly.

If I just put a few blobs


I think I can afford to be quite generous and then I mean it. Looks like a very cool kind of aurora. Pattern uh so stay on it So there you have it for the next phase of the project I need to make a mold to put the resin on the wood. opal stone I think at this point it's just a matter of what works for you.Well I'm done with a hot glue. Gun It's not really ideal I'm not. Really very skilled. It's very sticky work so I'll just do it. Try again only with the cello tape and everything together this time

Well I got two templates.

Templates you've probably seen before. But I think they will work. I think a lot when you get down to it. You need to do everything. Just make sure you know.

It is sealed and thus not leaking when you pour your resin Leaks out around the sides or bottom own or whatever Um I actually think one with only saddle tape and I think the clear packaging bits worked best

But we will soon know which is the superior model. When we pour resin and see which one of them inevitably leaks everywhere.

Well I'm at the stage where I'm going to be. Add Resin We will mix the resin.

And do the poor and all that malarkey.


This glass cast resin is a little notice on the back. This is saying that if the resin is cloudy.

Uh or not at all clear, it's got it. Cool and crystallize

So put the sealed container in very hot water before use.

until the resin is completely clear. and then allowed to cool completely

So let me take you here. I've got a pan of hot water. The kettle and I'm going to put it on. Resin there for a while

Hope that helps warm it up.

I'm going to follow the instructions for the right time to mix them.

On the front of the bottle it says by weight what I am.

going to do by

You need 100 grams of resin.

45 grams of hardener so I'm going now.

To do so now on my scales

Well they look awesome but

There are some bubbles which i

Don't feel bad

But I'm just gonna use this blowtorch. To skim the top of the resin that will help pop some bubbles. Well we're back it's been seven days.

Later and yes I'm still wearing the same jumper but you can't judge

I we are in one.


It takes about seven days for this resin. To reach the full

Treatment So I've left it for so long but it's time to bite

The packaging is sealed and sealed

Take a look and see what we have left.

I'm really excited.


Holy macaroni color in this material


are amazing let's bring you a closer look focus focus yeah look at this i'm going to trim it a little bit. Now on Bandsaw

Just to make it a little more workable and then I'll come back and figure out some shapes.


So I have drawn the shape I want on the empty space.

In this case it was a circle that I just traced around the small one.

The plastic thing that I laid around and then I trimmed the edges with a bandsaw if you decide to do that is just


Be careful with your fingers

So the next thing is to go over the um and fine tune the shape with the disc sander which I did on my lathe and

Then we can get the part I'm happy with the way it looks so far.

Can be a bit chunky

Although I think I will now

Start working on it you know how to get there somehow

A slightly thinner type of pendant

OK before final polishing I'm happy with the look and feel.

The thickness of the pendant now I have it down. Six million uh fat which I don't think is too good. Chunky and now I just need to do it.

Oh polish the resin as you can see it's finished.

Like a fairly cloudy um from sanding on a disc sander

Um and so now I'm going to get it. Fine grits gradually

I would start with wet and dry sandpaper.

A 400 grit and basically the higher the number of sandpaper.

The better it will be and the better finish you will have on the resin uh so I would start with 400 I usually want 600 but I

Only got one 800 and then 1 200 grit and then 2000 grit

And then we'll see where we are and maybe move on.

Polish on a bath wheel or something after that but first it's conga so it's after 400 grit sanding.

Um I mean it already looks great oh but I guess I'll just go ahead and just ramble and

You know, really make it as shiny as possible

Ok so there the pendant is sanded.

2000 grit I'm still a little cold but I think it looks cool.


Oh I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy with the shape but you know maybe it's just the artist's eye it's not that much of a circle

It's like a tall well that's cool, it's hand made, isn't it?

That's part of the appeal. Found as one

A human warmth for him who is only one.

Forgive me for the mistakes but before I try to get this resin very nice and clean


Basically I'm just going to think about it.

How would this pendant be connected you know with a chain or a cord so I think in this example my girlfriend wears a lot of necklaces that are just made of cord.


Um and so I'm going to keep it simple and just drill a hole in the top so you can put a cord on it um then I can just kind of hang well a good start will be cool and so a Good start polish on the resin I'm going to use a white.


Polishing compound on it


The buffing wheel I got for my bench grinder.

And hopefully it will be really nice and shiny. I will only take alcohol or surgical spirit.

And a little bit of a kitchen towel or paper towel whatever you want to call it and just rub it and it'll clean everything up.

Ok and hope it looks good.

The last thing I'm going to do is use a kit made from a chestnut product and apply a polish like wax, it will just polish the wood and give the wood a bit of protection as well.


Well, the pendant itself is finished.


Now we just need to think about what options are available.Actually putting it on like a necklace so it can actually get hot. As for the actual necklace, I would choose either a leather cord. Like th

There is only one black 1ml leather cord.

Or 1ml natural colored leather cord and you can do anything. Macrame isn't magic to put together something cool but I want it to be a classy and classy necklace.


So I chose to use a sterling silver necklace that I've had lying around for quite a while, I believe it's called a Belcher chain.

And it's like a lobster hook at the end of it but to use

It would be some sort of need for me.

Guarantee to keep it simple and repeatable by you guys or anyone on the internet. I have decided to use ready made knots called


Pinch the lumps and I think.


The reason for this should be pretty obvious because you can pinch them together to hold them in place.They come in many different styles and

Shapes Uh I just went for a simple stainless steel bail and so now I'm going to pair it with a pendant on a chain now I'm going to get my silver chain.

So you guys make resin and wood the same way.


Aurora Borealis Opal Pendant


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial I think they are obviously very easy to make.

So many opportunities to get creative, I think you know it makes a really cool product that you can sell or gift to someone.

Or even a hypnotizing device so that's for me I'd love to hear.


Your thoughts on these pendants


Would you like to make one What are your thoughts on what I made a way I can make it better If you like it select the like button. And maybe see some more of mine

Learn as much as you can have fun.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.