How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


 Instructions to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box

Hello, folks! Today I'm demonstrating how to make a gems box with free designs for fledglings. I've had a ton of solicitations over on Instagram and Facebook for me to tell the best way to make a little souvenir or gems box. The extraordinary thing about boxes is that you can make them various ways and for a huge load of various purposes. Adornments box, souvenir box, men's valet, photograph box, gift box… and so on and you can utilize these equivalent strategies to cause a container so that anything your little could be able to hear wants.


This venture is supported by the extraordinary people over at SuperMax Tools and I will utilize my SuperMax 19-38 to do a great deal of the stock groundwork for this task. The drum sander will permit me to make specially estimated stock without tearout in intensely figured wood. I'll likewise be doing some bookmatching for the top… and negative, that is not matching up the entirety of my Dr. Seuss books.


Since the top is a rubbing fit, you needn't bother with any exceptional equipment for the adornments box. This is an extraordinary method for evaluating box making and you can add pivots, locks, drawers, plate, and so forth as you progress in your abilities. This is in reality just my second attempt at a wooden adornments box, so you can see it's not difficult to do!


Do-It-Yourself Wooden Keepsake BoxHow to Make a Jewelry BoxDIY Wooden Jewelry BoxHow to Make a Simple Wooden Jewerly Box

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


Before we begin, make a point to follow me on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to stay aware of all my most recent forms and free activities!


Here is the thing that you'll require for the undertaking:


Apparatuses Used

SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander

Tablesaw

Miter saw

Irregular Orbital Sander

Web brace

F-braces

Spring braces

Materials/Supplies

3′ x 3-1/2″ x 3/8″ maple

28″ x 2″ x 3/16″ pecan

20″ x 4-1/2″ x 1/4″ pecan

*substitute different woods as wanted


Partner joins are utilized on this page. See my divulgence page for information on member programs.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box Plan for Beginners

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking

The most effective method to Make a Jewelry Box

I made the wooden gems box 10″ x 5″ and 3″ high. I like the 2:1 proportion look on the container and this size is by all accounts sufficiently enormous to be considerable, however not very large. You can without much of a stretch change the size to any aspects you'd like and utilize these equivalent strategies. I additionally have gems box plans for amateurs above so make a point to look at those.


The best part is this form takes next to no wood. So you can purchase pleasant hardwoods for the container and not burn through every last dollar. I had this piece of wavy maple with astounding figure I've been hoping to utilize. So I cut material for two boxes which you will see a few sections for the two boxes in the photos.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-1

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


I utilized the maple for the sides of the container and pecan for the top, base, and covering for a decent difference.


Make the Top and Bottom Panels of the Jewelry Box

Initially you'll make the top and base boards. I utilized a bigger part of pecan with some decent figure to make my tops and base boards. On the off chance that you are simply utilizing a strong one piece board or 1/4″ compressed wood this will be exceptionally simple.


I resawed the pecan into 2 pieces on the bandsaw then, at that point, cut those down the middle to wrap up with 4 pieces.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-9

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


Next I put them through the 19-38 drum sander to get down to a last component of 1/4″. This is perhaps the best use for the drum sander in my book. It's not difficult to get directly down to a particular aspect rapidly.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-11


Later they were level I stuck the pieces together into 2 boards and afterward slice them to measure. In the event that you're not utilizing resawn timber or paste ups, cut your top board and base board for your wooden gems box to 9-1/2″ by 4-1/2″.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-13


Make the Sides of the DIY Wooden Jewelry Box

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


For the sides, cut your pieces into 3-1/8″ wide strips. You'll require two 10″ piece and two 5″ pieces. I slice mine to 16″ long to be parted in two next.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-3


I resawed the pieces on the bandsaw to get two pieces 16″ long and just shy of 1/2″ then took them to the drum sander and brought them down to 3/8″ in thickness.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-5Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-7

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking

Then, cut the sections in the sides of the DIY gems box for the top and base boards. The notches are 1/4″ wide and 3/16″ profound. They are found 3/16″ from the top and base. Do some test cuts in piece prior to making the notches to be certain your top and base boards fit cozily.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-14Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-15


Slice the sides to length, 5″ and 10″, with miters on each end. By cutting the sides from a similar piece you can accomplish a ceaseless grain stream around the entire box.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-16


Collect the Simple Wooden Jewelry Box

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


Collect the adornments box by laying the side pieces start to finish in an orderly fashion and taping the joints outwardly. Apply paste to the miters and afterward "crease up" the crate, embedding the top and base boards into the furrows.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-17Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-18


Bracing the paste up with a web clasp makes this a lot more straightforward, however f-clips function admirably too. Later the case is dry sand the sides to 220 coarseness before the subsequent stage. Indeed, I understand this a wooden box with no real way to get inside… persistence my companion.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-19


Presently you'll make the top (ah ha!). Slice through the gems box 3/4″ down from the top on each of the 4 sides. To do this securely, cut the off closes first and afterward tape in around 1/8″ shims in the kerfs to hold the wooden box together while you cut the long sides. This is the strategy for doing it on a tablesaw, you can likewise do this on a bandsaw, you'll simply have somewhat more tidy up.

How to Make a Simple Wooden Jewelry Box/Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-22Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-23Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-24


I got consuming on the top edge of the gems box, so I took it to the drum sander to eliminate the consume checks and get everything level. I likewise did this to the underside of the top. Taking care of the case in on a point diminishes your odds of kill. You can likewise smooth the parts on a sheet of sandpaper adhered to your tablesaw.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-25


Introduce the Lining on the DIY Jewelry Box

The last piece of the adornments box is the coating which fills in as enrichment too a lip for the top. I resawed some pecan to 1/4″ on the bandsaw and sanded it level to 3/16″ on the drum sander.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-20Simple Wooden Jewelry Box-21


Tear the parts of 2″ wide and afterward slice the parts of fit in the case. The short pieces ought to be ~ 4-1/4″ and the long pieces ought to be ~8-7/8″, slice the parts of fit your wooden adornments box. You can miter these corners too, however stacking miters inside miters is somewhat more precarious.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-26


Stick the pieces set up and clasp with some spring cinches. Put the short pieces in first and sand everything to 220 coarseness prior to introducing.


Basic Wooden Jewelry Box-27

Apply A Finish to the Wooden Jewelry Box

Later the paste has dried, finish up any sharp edges and do a quick overview of the entire gems box with 220 coarseness sandpaper. Presently apply your completion of decision. I utilized shellac to truly pop the grain of the maple yet not yellow it. I applied 4 covers and completed it with a beeswax blend.


Straightforward Wooden Jewelry Box-28


Despite the fact that I utilized some extravagant wood, this straightforward DIY wooden adornments box assemble is not difficult to make and an extraordinary method for getting everything rolling in box making. You can do as such a lot more things with boxes, similar to splines, pivots, plate, and so on Remember to get the adornments box designs beneath!


I'll do some future tasks where I show you a portion of these procedures, however up to that point go look at some different ventures on my Projects Page.

How to Make a Jewelry Box: The Advanced Woodworking How-To

A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make a Jewelry Box


Eighteen months prior I ended up at a nearby bar with a lot of my amigos. As I casually swallowed a couple of Bud Lights, I looked over and saw the most lovely young lady I've at any point looked at remaining without anyone else. Being the huge effervescent imbecile I am, I approached her and began a discussion.

Streak forward a year a half - - I've observed that starting up this discussion is the best choice I've at any point made. Two brilliant retrievers, many recollections, and one wedding band later, that young lady is currently my lady to-be.

My life partner Sara is turning 30, and since the week we met, she's been getting some information about a gems box. Entering her third decade on this planet seems like the ideal chance to assemble an adornments box - - and obviously, I'd love to tell you the best way to fabricate one as well. So we should get to it; here's my bit by bit guide on the most proficient method to make a gems box.

The most effective method to Make A Jewelry Box: The Overview
The Fifteen Steps in this Advanced Woodworking How-to
a realistic that says 'how to make a gems box'
Separate Material
Stick Up Any Panels
Cut Joinery
Harsh Cut Shelf and Drawer Fronts
Fit Drawer Front Spacing
Cut Drawer Parts and Joinery (Half Blind Dovetails)
Cut Drawer Side Rails
Cut Joinery For Drawer Slides
Stick UP Drawers
Cut Stock For Lid
Cut Drawer Pulls
Course Out Drawer Pull Inset
Sand and Finish
Sand and Apply Finish and Flock
Add Hardware
Apparatuses You'll Need to Make a Jewelry Box
 General Tools
Table Saw
Bandsaw
Jointer
Planer
Sander
Switch Table
You'll likewise require an assortment of hand instruments - - look at my hand apparatus suggestions.

Materials
Wenge
White Oak
Brusso 95* Hinges
Metal Block
Titebond II Dark Wood Glue
Keen on seeing what I like to keep in my shop? Look at my Woodworking Tools as a whole.

The Step-by-Step Guide to Make a Jewelry Box

The most effective method to Make a Jewelry Box from Scratch

John Malecki cuts wood with a belt sander
Stage 1: Break Down your Materials

Begin by processing down your stock for the form. For this venture, I utilized 1/2″ and 3/4″ stock. The wood I utilized was reused from an old TV Stand, so don't be reluctant to repurpose wood you as of now have (particularly assuming that it's expensive).This is one venture where it's essential to be specific with your grain designs, ensuring the grains match well for a strong completed item. These grains ought to be painstakingly matched for the case, cover, and cabinet fronts.

John Malecki pastes and clasps wood together
Stage 2: Glue Up the Panels

Start sticking up your processed boards to match the case. I decided to go through one persistent paste, and miter it so it has a grain match the entire way around for a sharp, clean look. For this progression you'll likewise need to ensure you have as smooth of a paste crease as could be expected - - concealing it truly makes a consistent plan.

John Malecki cuts joinery while making an adornments box
John Malecki cuts joinery while making a gems box
Stage 3: Cut Joinery

We will make a truly strong and imaginative piece by utilizing miters in get together. Start by cutting the miters for the corpse then, at that point, diminishing the back board. Cut the fake cabinet opening and the basic rack.

John Malecki unpleasant cuts the rack and cabinet fronts
Stage 4: Rough Cut the Shelf and Drawer Fronts

Measure the inside of the indispensable cabinet. From that point you'll need to slice the rack to measure so it fits cozy, not tight. Then, at that point, do likewise with your fake cabinet front. Make certain to perceive your uncover on the front - - don't misstep the same way I did in the video.

John Malecki spaces the cabinet fronts while making a gems box
Stage 5: Fit the Drawer Front Spacing

Then, start equitably dispersing your cabinet fronts. I utilized a shim and hand planes to get the separating amazing before I dove into the cabinet joinery. The half-visually impaired dovetails take into consideration dispersing before they're joined, making your life simpler.

john malecki makes half visually impaired bird tails
john malecki makes half visually impaired pigeon tails
Stage 6: Cutting the Drawer Parts and Joinery (Half Blind Dovetails)

For this venture, I utilized half-blind dovetail drawers since I love the differentiating look of the dovetails and the lighter wood. I set aside additional effort to ensure the arrangement and dividing for the pins. This meticulousness permitted the drawers to impeccably line up with the middle pin.

Stage 7: Cut the Drawer's Side Rails

Before you stick up your joinery, you will need to ensure you cut the joinery for the slides. It's a lot simpler before the container is stuck up, and this way you don't need to stress over doing a dive cut in the cabinet.

Stage 8: Join The Drawer Slides

For this undertaking, I utilized wooden cabinet slides to keep it looking work of art and ageless. So for the drawers, I utilized 1/4″ x 1/4″ slides that I implanted into the case sides and utilized glue wax to save them quite smooth for sliding.

John Malecki collects the drawers

Stage 9: Glue Up Drawers

Then, we really want to stick up the drawers so they can, you know, hold gems. Sticking up the drawers is straightforward in light of the fact that we've as of now rushed within the drawers. While sticking, I did whatever it takes not to stress a lot over the crush out. That being said, I actually kept it as perfect as could really be expected.

John Malecki cuts stock for the gems box top
Stage 10: Cut Stock For the Lid

For the cover, I utilized 1/2″ x 1 1/4″ stock. Cut the miters first, ensuring the container is to measure. I then, at that point, chamfered the inner parts of the uncover and cut the help for the glass embed. I then, at that point, set aside the effort to hand sand within profile before stick up, just to makes things somewhat less complex to gather.

John Malecki removes cabinet pulls of delicate metal
Stage 11: Cut the Drawer Pulls

When the drawers were collected, I cut the custom pulls. For the pulls, I utilized some delicate metal I had left over from the TV stand. I printed a scaled layout of the pulls from the PC to ensure everything was great. I then, at that point, utilize my bandsaw and even belt sander to shape and smooth the metal. Later it was measured, I resawed it into the 3 separate pulls and sanded them level, polishing to complete them out.

John Malecki courses the cabinet pull inset
Stage 12: Route Out the Drawer Pull Inset

To course the pulls, I utilized my checking blade and cut the supplement with my palm switch. I etched the edges to keep it quite close.

John Malecki partitions the fake cabinet
Stage 13: Cut and Divide the Faux Drawer

For the false cabinet, I cut the top dividers and miter the external edges utilizing my shooting board. From that point I slice everything inside to estimate, quantifying off the actual container. I utilized CA paste to keep every one of the dividers set up.

John Malecki sands and shellacs the adornments box
Stage 14: Sand and Apply Finish, Then Flock

When the dividers were in, I sanded the entire box to 220 coarseness manually. To seal the slick wenge, I utilized some diminished shellac. Later the primary coat dried, I applied the rushing to the inside drawers and the false top.

When the running dried following 24 hours and 4 layers of shellac were applied, I sanded the crate once again. Whenever that was finished, I applied a layer of glue wax to sheen it up and make it overall quite smooth.

John Malecki makes within the gems box fluffy
Stage 15: Add the Hardware

Once everything was dry, I epoxied in all the equipment for the drawers. Since I molded them with a dovetail, it ought to be bounty tough and ought not require extra support. I then pre-bored the openings and string the openings with the gave equipment. To fish her off, I introduced the glass top and held it set up with a slight dab of clear silicone.
Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.